Torchlight (PC) Award-winning strategy RPG MMO + Single-player Adventure
- Normally dispatches in 0-2 business days. Please choose tracking in checkout if you prefer a tracked shipping service.
- Minimum Purchase:
- 1 unit
- Maximum Purchase:
- 1 unit
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Free Shipping
"Torchlight is the perfect entry into strategy gaming. Enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of seasoned role-playing fanatics the world over, it also makes a fantastic gift for people with a strategic mind, even if they've never played an RPG before. Torchlight is the brainchild of Runic Games, and is developed by the clever minds behind some of the most loved role-playing games: Diablo, Fate, and Mythos, each one a pivotal point in the history of strategy games. This goes some way to explaining how a game can be so easy to get into, yet so hard to leave. The storyline is deep and intricate, yet whimsical and inviting. Simply put, Torchlight is a brilliant way to spend time, the evidence of which is how you feel after you've spent an entire summer playing it: satisfied."
- The King of Everything
- Randomisation - Because level layouts are randomly created, each adventure is completely unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure.
- Easy, approachable interface - Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives you easy access to a rich and varied world.
- Retirement System - Once characters are sufficiently levelled up, they can "retire" and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
- Pets - Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.
- Character Classes - Players will create and customise a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
- Fishing - Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered.
- Editor - Runic Games is embracing our modding community by providing an editor so our players can create and design their own content.
Winner of Game of the Year, by the makers of some of the most-played games of all time, this enchanting adventure is is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember - a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember's influence on the civilisations that have come before.
Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomisation ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.
Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7, Intel Pentium III Processor or faster, 512MB RAM (1GB RAM recommended), 822MB Hard Disc Space, DVD-ROM drive, DirectX 9.0c or higher compatible video card, 3D capable video card must have at least 64MB of video RAM, mouse and keyboard are required.
Administrator privileges are required to properly install the program on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. An additional 1.3GB of hard drive space required to install the included Torchlight Edition.