Respecting your privacy and upholding the law
The privacy and security of your personal information has always been of the utmost importance to us at Selling Out Soon. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth of Australia) and any relevant Privacy Principles under NSW state legislation, as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information. Our staff are trained to respect your privacy in accordance with our standards, policies and procedures.
Selling Out Soon is defined as "Selling Out Soon Pty Ltd", and "sellingoutsoon.com.au" along with wholly owned subsidiaries, franchise operations and/or members of the Selling Out Soon retail organisation, but may not extend to affiliates, marketplace or other associates, irrespective of whether such entities bear a licensing agreement to utilise the Selling Out Soon name, or sellingoutsoon moniker.
This document also describes the sort of information held and for what purposes, as well as how that information is collected, held, used and disclosed.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on the product or service obtained, Selling Out Soon will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- Monitoring sales data/history with the intention of providing special offers or loyalty discounts.
- Managing and administering the product or service obtained from Selling Out Soon.
- Allowing you to register your interest to attend any events conducted by Selling Out Soon.
- Allowing you to register or subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts, news release, launch or event information, or information about Selling Out Soon's products or services via any Selling Out Soon website.
- Allowing you to contact us via the contact details listed on any Selling Out Soon website.
Your personal information may also be collected for the purpose of letting you know about products or services offered by Selling Out Soon that might interest you along with promotions, events or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
The information collected includes, but is not limited to, your name, postal or email address, phone number(s), date of birth, transaction history with Selling Out Soon or other information the organisation considers necessary.
We will only collect your personal information directly from you. This may happen whenever you purchase a product or service, or submit an administrative form (e.g. a change of address form), or when you give us personal information over the telephone, or via our website or related Selling Out Soon website (e.g. when you register you interest to attend an event or to receive updates from us). We will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information via any Selling Out Soon website which tells us about visitors to the website or other anonymised information. For example, we may collect information about your IP address or information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purpose:
- To maintain the functionality of any Selling Out Soon website.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to any Selling Out Soon website.
- To fulfil obligations in respect of any sale and purchase contract.
- To provide you with information about our products and services and to provide you with marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news release/launch and event information or information on Selling Out Soon products or services, special offers, competitions or events, via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To invite you to any events held by Selling Out Soon.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to the business of Selling Out Soon (such as after sales services and enquiries).
- To analyse how you use any Selling Out Soon website in order to improve your online experience, the website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
For the purpose described above, information may be shared with Selling Out Soon group companies or Selling Out Soon’s partners either in Australia or overseas. Also, in order to operate any Selling Out Soon website or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with a service provider or other non-Selling Out Soon company or professional, but only so that they can perform their functions and not for any other purpose.
Selling Out Soon will not disclose your personal information to any external party or individual under any circumstances unless required to by Federal or State laws where applicable or where necessary to protect the rights or property of Selling Out Soon, any Selling Out Soon group company, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Marketing practices and ethics
It is our practice to seek your consent to use your personal information in order to let you know about, and develop, products and services that might better serve your needs or promotions, events or other opportunities in which you may be interested. This may be done after your initial contact with us. At the point of initial contact, a Selling Out Soon representative may ask you whether you wish to receive correspondence from us on a regular basis. Should you wish to be removed from any future mailing lists at a later date, or simply do not want to be contacted by us, please contact Selling Out Soon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaining access to personal information held by us
You may be able to gain access to any personal information held by us. This is subject to some exceptions as governed by Federal, State and Territory law. Factors affecting a right to access include:
- Access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual.
- Access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- A frivolous or vexatious request.
- The information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process.
- Access would be unlawful.
- Any legal dispute resolution proceedings whether involving Selling Out Soon or not.
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under law.
We will give you reasons if we deny access.
Contact us to request access (see 'Contacting Us' below). In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone.
Changing and deleting the information held by us
Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting Selling Out Soon (see 'Contacting Us' below). Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Selling Out Soon being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about our products or services, or provide you with any other content or information that you may have requested (such as event information).
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storing and security of personal information
Selling Out Soon will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
Selling Out Soon employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Selling Out Soon. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Selling Out Soon will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Selling Out Soon and links to other websites
The Selling Out Soon website and any related Selling Out Soon website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Selling Out Soon is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to any Selling Out Soon website.
Resolving your privacy issues
- You are welcome to speak directly to our sales staff and they will endeavour to resolve your issue first-hand. If further action is required we will keep you advised of any progress made. If our staff are unable to resolve the matter, it will be escalated as appropriate to facilitate a resolution. We take the matter of safeguarding your privacy very seriously and will act on any suspected breach of policy.
- You can call us on 1300 957 352 any time between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday EST.
- You can email your question/issue to us at email@example.com
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website: www.privacy.gov.au.