Travelling? (10% Refund)
Are you travelling in or out of Australia?
- Would you like a GST refund of 10% of your purchase?
- Who does this apply to?
- Do you have to be from Australia, or can you be visiting Australia?
Travellers' GST Refund Scheme
Purchases of $300 or more, from Selling Out Soon Pty Ltd (or sellingoutsoon.com.au) may be eligible for the Australian Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS). Reading the following information carefully, ensuring that you follow the guidelines, will help you to have a smoother experience. The following guidelines are from the Australian Customs website.
The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) lets you claim a refund of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Wine Equalisation Tax (WET) that you pay on certain goods you buy in Australia and then take out of Australia with you or in your checked luggage or carry-on bags.
Who can get a refund?
TRS is open to all overseas visitors and Australian residents, except for operating air and sea crew.
What purchases are eligible for a refund?
Purchases are eligible for refunds if:
- they are purchased in the 60 days before you leave Australia
- your purchases from any single business total $300 (GST inclusive) or more. For example, if you bought items from one business - even on separate invoices - that together total $300, these items may be eligible for a tax refund under TRS
- you, the passenger, paid for the goods
- you have an original tax invoice for the goods
- you wear or carry the goods (unless they are liquids, gels or aerosols or oversized or bulky goods which the airline require to be checked in) as hand luggage aboard the aircraft or ship as you leave Australia, or check the goods in with your luggage after they have been verified by an officer at a Client Services counter.