Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Day One Edition (Xbox One) T88
- Paid shipping (dispatches 0-3 business days, sent Priority), Free Shipping (dispatches 3-5 business days, sent Off-Peak)
- Maximum Purchase:
- 1 unit
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Free Shipping
- Guaranteed Official Australian version (not an import)
- Collectible Day One Edition in original Aussie retail packaging (no unsightly OLFC compliance stickers!)
- This game works in all regions, worldwide
- Genuine Australian warranty, valid worldwide
BONUS DAY ONE ADDITIONAL GAME CONTENT
- Adam-ska Special Revolver
- Silver Personal Ballistic Shield
- Wetland Cardboard Box
- Blue Urban Fatigues Outfit
- Metal Gear Online XP boost
The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan has brought a new edge to the Cold War, and in 1984, a one-eyed man with a prosthetic arm appears in the country. Those who know him call him Snake; the legendary mercenary who has once swept from the stage of history and left in a coma by American private intelligence network Cipher. Snake is accompanied by Ocelot, an old friend who saved him from attack when he finally awoke.
Now, Snake's former partner Kazuhira Miller is being held by the Soviet forces in Afghanistan. Snake must undertake a solo mission to rescue Miller and prove to the world that the legendary mercenary is not dead and gone. That first step will lead to a path of vengeance against the very Cipher that slaughtered so many of Snake's men, and to a battle that will embroil the whole world...
What started in Ground Zeroes... must finish with "V".
- The Setting - MGS V (#5): The Phantom Pain presents a vast open world environment, over 200 times larger than Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Set in the vast regions of Afghanistan and parts of Africa, cracked walls are climbable, weather changes as time passes and changes in conditions directly affect game play, enemy positions change based on time and an item called the Phantom Cigar allows players to quickly cycle through day and night.
- The FOX Engine - A new engine developed by Konami, the Fox Engine was custom designed to facilitate a large, sectional and team-based approach to achieve new heights for a detailed open world, and a true unique gaming experience including online gameplay. Initially, utilised in MGSV: Ground Zeroes.
- Combat & The Buddy System - Close Quarters Combat skills allow characters to better defend attack from behind. Non-lethal takedowns are rewarded – subduing an enemy in a non-lethal way will allow you to transport them back to your Mother Base. From here, the captured foe will be trained to join your army, which will likely play a role at a point later in the game. Snake may use his artificial left arm to deliver an electric shock, stunning nearby enemies, furthering his classical stealth takedown abilities. Holographic distractions will allow Snake to draw enemy attention away from himself. The famous Cardboard Box is back, but now, you can use it as a decoy, jump out of it to quickly take out a target, or dive for cover directly from it should you be spotted. Players will be able to call in helicopter air support during combat and players will be able to scout out the opposition with binocular items which reveal stats about the enemy soldier. Players may bring optional buddies into missions using the Buddy System, providing them with allies in difficult situations. So far, Quiet and DD are confirmed as available buddies.
- Mother Base & The Fulton System - It is not its first appearance, but due to its destruction in the last game, it's up to Snake to rebuild the Mother Base into a customisable base of operations for Snake and his allies. From here, players will be able to use accumulated resources to craft and customise weapons and vehicles. Its appearance will alter according to the individual. Players can secure new resources immediately through capture, and also tag vehicles and equipment to be airlifted back to base for later. The Fulton system is a rapid balloon airlift first implemented during the Vietnam War and features prominently as a means of transporting people and objects to Mother Base. It allows players to rapidly move vehicles, weapons, containers, prisoners and animals across the map.
- Metal Gear Online - Metal Gear Online is included in the game. In MGO, players can compete in 6v6 or 8v8 team combat and pursue single, multiple, or alternate objectives. Players can use a range of tactics and weapons to undermine the other team, including standard machine fire, tranquilizers, grenades, fulton balloon traps, robotic machines as well as defend with shields, hide with cardboard boxes, distract with stuffed puppies and tag enemies with binoculars. Choke holds, slams, and interrogations are available in close quarter combat and players can also free teammates from some traps. Both Snake and Revolver Ocelot are playable in MGO. After a certain point in the game, players will gain the ability to interact, assist or sabotage other players’ Mother Bases through online connectivity. Players will be given the option to interact with rival Mother Bases in cooperative or competitive fashion.
- The Chicken Hat - Players looking to goof around or get ahead can opt to equip with the Chicken Hat, an item which decreases the difficulty of the game. As its name implies, the Chicken Hat alters Snake's appearance to resemble a giant gun-toting poultry.